Friday, October 1, 2010

the power of words :)

Today I had an amazing experience that will stick with me, probably forever. Lately I really  haven't been able to see a ton of pure goodness in humanity, but one lady and one small action completely altered my view.

I was in the store, buying some powered sugar (for frosting) and a birthday card for Frank's birthday (tomrrow!!!), and passed two ladies with a shopping cart. Obviously, I said, "excuse me" as I passed, but thought nothing of the meeting - just another shopper trying to weave their way around the Walmart. As I stood there looking through birthday cards, one of the ladies I had previously passed came up to me, put a hand on my shoulder and said, "you are beautiful."  This was quite a shock to me, but I quickly thanked her with a huge smile. She went on to tell me how she had an urge from God to tell me how beautiful I was when I passed her, how she could see and feel my sweet spirit and how my good nature just shined through my eyes. I honestly could not believe what was coming out of her mouth. She departed with a "God bless" and was on her way.

A complete stranger had the urge the tell me that I'm beautiful. What she did for me is absolutely amazing and semi-convinces me that I really am. I have never felt beautiful in my life and somehow this out-of-the-blue compliment has me thinking in the opposite direction.

My faith that there are good people has pretty much been restored and I am just amazed :)

3 comments:

  1. You are beautiful. I think sometimes, it just takes something so random from someone to make you a believer. I am glad that your faith has been restored that there is still goodness in people

    ReplyDelete
  2. You absolutely are beautiful :) I'm glad she knew to tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Dude I love when people are nice. Esp at Walmart. That place can be NUTS sometimes. AND YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!! AGH i miss you. we must catch up! I am coming home to CA on Dec 22, too, and we have to hang out for CHRISTMAS!!! I can't wait to see you :D Come up to Tahoe with me and Josh and my FAM!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers