Saturday, February 5, 2011

My life doesn't suck, it's just being...challenged?

I decided to write two posts, one bad and one good, so I can get my complaining out of the way and get to better things. 

So, I'm REALLY trying to look at these things as "challenges" I have to face, but it's really hard. I know there are people dealing with worse things and mine are not that bad in comparison, but it still is difficult to figure out how to overcome these...challenges.

First of all, I'm really sick. I think I'm getting a little better from the antibiotics my mom just happened to have, but I've still was coughing up a storm on Tuesday in classes, in bed all day Wednesday, missed school all day Thursday, missed work on Friday and today and am just feeling like crap. My ears are plugged so I can't hear anything, my sinuses are out of whack so I can't taste or smell anything, I have crap in my lungs so I have to cough a ton but my head just pounds as soon as I do cough. Just a horrible cycle. I'm feeling a little better today than the past week - I was able to smell an orange today! I'm just hoping that a couple more days of antibiotics will do the trick.

Second, my phone's touch screen is starting to become less and less calibrated, so I can't do anything on my phone, including getting to the menu/recalibration tool. My phone isn't even a year old yet and I'm a little pissed because I paid a lot for it. I could technically take it in and get a refurbished one, but my dad and I researched this problem and apparently a ton of people have experienced the same exact problem with this phone and it leads (very quickly) to complete phone failure. So, even if I do get a refurbished one, I'll still have the same problem in the future. GR.

Third, my car. My beloved 1993 Honda Accord. On it's 18th year, 2011, it did not pass smog. It also would cost more to fix it than the car is worth. Therefore, I don't have a car. For some people, this may not seem like that big of a deal. But, remember, I have had a car to myself since I got my license. I have never been without one. I've never had to share with my sister. I guess it sounds like I was totally spoiled. In a way, I suppose I was, but I did need a car in Reno for three years to travel to and from work and to get home during breaks. Now, I am forced to share a big blue van with Amber, which is just a little frustrating. Since we both moved home, I also used my car to travel to Woodland every week to see Frank, since that's the only time I can see him. Now, it's almost impossible to get out there, which just makes me cry. I will be getting a tax refund of $1,200, which is ALL going towards a new (used) car for me. I've been looking around and the cheapest I've been able to find is around $2,200 for a similar car with 130,00 miles but has been able to pass smog and has a clean title. This means, however long it takes me to save up the extra $1,000 is when I can get my own car. It will feel great to buy something like A CAR on my own for myself, but it still sucks that I will have to drop that much money on something that will probably only last me 5 or 6 more years. That's that with my car.

I'm thinking that because my life has been SO great lately, that it was about time that Karma decided to pile on the crap. I'm hoping that after these few things though, I will get back up to my happy, normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers