Saturday, February 5, 2011

On to better things :)

Alright, I talked all about the crap going on in my life, so now on to the good parts!

Christmas was so much fun. I got a new bike! I haven't had too much time to ride it yet, but I'm going to try and make time when it warms up a bit. Frank and I spent time here at my parents house and then had Christmas dinner at Frank's parents house. His parents got me supplies to make Spam sushi! We ended up making it soon after and it was absolutely delicious. I hope we can make it again soon! I had a theme for his presents - the 12 Days of Christmas. I got him different items he needed or wanted for each day, according to what number it was. I think he liked it :)

christmas at the dayton house :)

frank's presents!

spam sushi!


My birthday was a lot better than I expected! My mom is the one to thank for that. The big 23. On a Wednesday, during the first week of school, Frank was working, all of my best friends don't live here and everyone else was busy. So actually, I was pretty sad because I wasn't expecting much. Amber took me out to lunch the day before to Claim Jumper, which was yuuummy. And fortunately, my mom is just amazing. On my birthday, I slept in, which was wonderful, and then my mom told me to get ready. She surprised me and took me to get an hour long full body massage! I've never had one and it was SO relaxing! I was so happy :) She took me to Mongolian BBQ for lunch after and that was so yummy as well. I had to go to Walmart after and get a few things I needed for school the next day, but after, I drove to Woodland to pick up Frank (I had his truck from the previous day) and we went back to Roseville to have my birthday dinner at Red Robin! My family, minus Amber, was there and it was a really fun dinner. When we got home, I got to pick out a movie (The Emperor's New Groove, yes.) and we had lemon squares and opened presents. I got a voice recorder that I've needed for school, some awesome pens, the perfume I've wanted, a cute nurse 2011 tear off calender, and....A BANJO! I was so excited because I've wanted one for a while now and never found a good deal. I definitely wasn't expecting it for my birthday, but apparently my mom and Frank went in on it together, found an awesome deal on one and got it fixed up for me a few days later. I have officially learned 4 chords and a few rolls. I'm so happy!

claim jumper lunch!

The other happy thing that happened recently was that I was able to take a trip to LA to visit my bestie, Brittany! It was so fun and I was lucky to have a flexible work schedule so I could go! I spent 6 days there and it was just wonderful to see her for the second time between camps! Aside from having laughing attacks and talking a ton, she took me to the Getty museum, we went to Newport beach and other beaches, I got to see where she works and lives, I met her roommates, we went to a very good choir concert and lots of other things. I was so happy to see her and I'm glad that I was able to visit her for once, since she always comes up here. We took a ton of pictures, including a ton of horrible pictures (ha), and had an awesome time. Thanks Britt! I love you!

fun night of the situation game!

nosies!

downtown disney night :)


beach day!
oh deer! i wish i could prance like that!

last night - BJ's

Despite a few hardships, I have had an awesome time in my life lately :) Thanks everyone for a wonderful Christmas, and excellent birthday and a greaaaaat trip to LA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers